Check the box for the correct answer.
1. At dinner, Mrs. Flanagan eats soup, salad, chicken, jello, and ice cream. Which of these foods should be recorded as her fluid intake?
Only the soupThe soup and the jelloThe soup, jello, and the ice creamAll of the above foodsNone of the above foods
6. What must the home health aide NOT do when caring for a female client who has an indwelling urinary catheter?
Clean the area around the catheterIgnore the catheterMake sure the drainage tube touches the floorGently separate the labia with your thumb and forefinger and apply antiseptic solution
2. Mr. Jackson has a catheter. In monitoring intake and output of fluids, when is it best to record his fluid intake?
Three hours after drinkingAt bedtimeWhen the liquids are brought to himAs soon as he drinks the liquids
7. The collection bag or container should always be above the level of bladder.
3. Mrs. Johnson drinks an 8-oz. glass of milk, an 8-oz. cup of coffee, a 6-oz. glass of juice, and a 10-oz. bowl of soup. What is her total fluid intake measured in cc's? (Hint: 30 cc's = 1 oz.)
660 cc780 cc960 cc96 cc
8. What is a result of decreased urinary output?
4. Perineal care is essential every time an incontinent client is changed.
9. Abnormalities in urine are to be reported to your supervisor.
5. Clients with catheters are usually not susceptible to infection.
10. Dry lips and mucous membranes are signs of
Fluid retentionEdemaDehydrationDecreased urinary output